Most people like to watch online video. Some business owner remain doubtful about the profit of incorporating online video into…
Not just another Video Search Engine: Clipta.com offers a unique service for bloggers and content creators
I couple of weeks ago Kayla Kooyman of Clipta.com asked me if I’d like to have a little chat with the company co-founder Serge Doubinski. He had a new product launching in July that he wanted to inform me about. In all honesty, I thought “Ho hum…another video search engine…great…” By the end of our chat, I realized Clipta is up to something…and EVERYONE should know about it. Clipta’s innovative product is called the VIDEO INFORMER, a free service for Web publishers that offers access to the Clipta Partner Network to promote their own video content and drive traffic to their site. Here are the highlights:
- Web publishers can create a customized Informer, or cluster of multiple video news, to feature on their site – choosing from a variety of topics to tailor the content to their audience. Publishers can customize the appearance of the Informer to fit with the look and feel of their site, choosing fonts, text size, colors, etc.
- To offer a broader selection of video content, publishers can select multiple categories from the list of 18 categories including auto, celebrity/entertainment, news and politics, comedy, music and sports.
- Publishers can customize basic aspects of the visual appearance—from dimensions to quantity of videos shown—to achieve the best possible performance.
- Publishers can preview the layout to see a sample of how the Informer will appear on the site once it goes live.
- A Web publisher can use Clipta’s Partner Network to promote video content by submitting news to Video Informer. The video content is distributed on partner sites to their Informers based on relevance. When site visitors click an Informer video, they are driven back to the original source – driving new traffic for publishers.
- WordPress publishers can seamlessly upload video content straight from their site to the partner network via the Informer plug-in. If the plug-in detects a video on the site, it automatically pulls the title, description and link from the original post but lets the publisher select the topic category and still-frame image.
- Clipta uses a backend algorithm that distributes video news across the network and provides publishers with an easy way to determine the success of their Informers by monitoring its traffic. Publishers with Informers on their sites are guaranteed to receive a targeted visitor for every visitor they send to the sites in the network. While in private beta Video Informer distributed an estimated 3.5 million video informers per day within the partner network.
- With Video Informer, Clipta can analyze consumer behavior and the video content that is being watched. Clipta explores publisher sites with video content and surrounding context in its partner network to learn more about the destinations that people frequent for video content and learn general video search practices among consumers to improve Clipta’s video search results.
Remember how popular webrings used to be? Various sites, joined together in a circular structure that generated traffic for each other. Well they’re still considered a form of Search Engine Optimization and Clipta.com is operating on this very principle; offering an easy to use way to drive traffic to theme related websites or blogs. I’m looking forward to tracking the success of the Video Informer. If you use video in your blog regularly, you should look into Clipta.com
Latest posts by David Moceri (see all)
- - August 12, 2023
- Internet Marketing – The Art of Capturing Market Share - May 20, 2017
- Top 3 Social Media Mistakes Online Marketers Need to Avoid - December 31, 2016
This post was written by David Moceri