Most people like to watch online video. Some business owner remain doubtful about the profit of incorporating online video into…
Video-Optimized Press Releases – Always a Great Idea
If you are run a business online, you are most likely to be aware of press releases as marketing strategy. But have you tried multi-media enhanced press releases? Have you leveraged video press release to its full potential?
The type of the video depends on your press release purpose and content – but it is almost always a great idea!
- For new product release include your product demonstration;
- For viral campaign announcement include a short catchy video ad;
- For personal story include an interview, etc.
The best thing about video-enhanced press releases is that the two marketing tools effectively work together: video engages the users (and encourages them to pay more attention to the press release) and the press releases generates more exposure to your video.
Video can enhance the message while the press release may serve as an effective context for the video you are trying to market (and increase its reach by letting it appear in Google news).
Last week I ran a quick experiment using PRWeb’s “Media Visibility” package and had pretty nice results.
1. The video-enhanced press release had more full-page reads:
Note: According to Meg Walker, Director of Online Marketing for PRWeb, video-enhanced press release may account for up to a 500% increase in time on pages.
Latest posts by David Moceri (see all)
- - August 12, 2023
- Internet Marketing – The Art of Capturing Market Share - May 20, 2017
- Top 3 Social Media Mistakes Online Marketers Need to Avoid - December 31, 2016
This post was written by David Moceri