Is Facebook and Twitter posting becoming a bit time consuming and redundant with no sign of effectiveness in reaching your…
Get More Pinterest Followers
Having more Pinterest followers helps you get more likes, comments, repins, impressions and ultimately more clicks to your website.
More clicks = more website traffic, increased sales and lead generation. It also builds up your Pinterest brand name.
The first thing you should do: Add a Pinterest follow button
This does a few things:
- Diverts website visitors to your Pinterest page which results in more followers. This is effective if you have a high-traffic website.
- Gives you access to your Pinterest analytics. This is sweet. Click here and then click on “Join as Business” to get started converting your Pinterest account to a business account.
You should install the button in several places that have the highest amount of traffic and contain images. Some great places to install this button are in your header, footer, sidebar, etc. The goal is to make it as easy as possible for your visitors to ‘pin’ something from your website. Go to the widget builder to start creating a button that matches your branding.
Secondly, you want to add the Profile Widget
The profile widget will also lead your website visitors to your Pinterest Page. Some claim that the Pinterest profile widget is more effective because:
- It’s bigger
- Displays up to 30 of your latest pins
You should share a lot
“When you share often, more people will see your pins and those pins lead people back to your page by displaying your details below the pin.” ~Social Media Examiner
You should also pin a lot of images. “Sometimes after you pin an image, you see the option to follow a board on which the same pin has been added. You usually get the message “Also pinned to…”. ~Social Media Examiner
Pinterest is trying to help you find other Pinterest users that have similar interests/tastes. The reason behind finding and pinning a lot of images that interesting to people is that those users are more willing to recommend you to people who pin the same image. This helps you attract more followers.
Another good idea is to comment on popular pins
Take a look at the Popular section on Pinterest. This section contains pins that have been liked, repined and commented on several times. You can take advantage of this by making a relevant comment on the pin and direct people to check out your Pinterest page.
You should take some time to examine the image and write a meaningful comment. Generic comments are easily recognized, and comments that are 2-3 words (‘Great Pin’ or ‘Nice Find’) are generally ignored and looked over. Make your comment meaningful and show people that you truly care about the subject. Doing so will make people wants to visit your page and follow you. It’s important to know that your Pinterest account can be suspended by commenting too much (Pinterest sees this as spam), so limit your comments to 2-5 times per day.
“In the above pin, which I found in the popular section of Pinterest, Pam Tufts left a very thoughtful comment. This shows she read the description and has some knowledge of the subject. This should get people who are interested in learning more to check out her profile and follow her.” ~Social Media Examiner
“When you mention someone on Pinterest, consider complimenting them, too. This will further draw you to that person’s notice and encourage them to follow you. When appropriate, mention others in the description of a pin or the comments section.” ~Social Media Examiner
Perhaps one of the most important tips: Connect Your Social Networks
Take a few minutes and connect your Twitter and Facebook accounts to your Pinterest account. This is a great way to cross promote your social channels and will attract your Twitter and Facebook followers to your Pinterest account.
This also allows you to tweet your pins to your Twitter followers as you pin new ones and displays your latest Pinterest activity in your Facebook friends’ & followers’ feeds.
Once you’ve connected your accounts, find your friends from those networks
You can take advantage of connecting your social accounts by finding those connections on Pinterest.
Click on the business name at the top right corner and click “Find friends”.
Following those connections that you already have relationships with will encourage them to follow you back.
Show off & Promote Your Individual Boards
Most of the time, people prefer following just the boards on subjects they’re interested in, rather than following an entire profile. Make it a goal to attract followers for your most popular boards rather than the entire account.
It’s also crucial that you Contribute to Others’ Boards
A great way to attract some quick followers to by contributing to a popular group board that has a lot of followers. Contributing quality pins to these boards influence those followers to become your followers.
Simply: Follow Others
Search and follow users with similar interests. A fraction of them will follow you back. Follow the ones that follow you back and unfollow those who don’t follow you. Rinse and repeat.
By following this procedure you’ll be able to gradually build your followers – only follow people who have similar interests.
Gain followers by running a Pinterest contest. There are 2 ways:
- Base entry in the contest upon following you
- Use a tool like Rafflecopter to give away a few extra entries for those who follow you
Remember: Keep Your Followers Happy
Getting followers is crucial, but keeping them happy is also very important. Be sure to take the steps and make an effort to keep your followers satisfied so they’ll continue to follow you.
- Don’t share all your content at once. This spams your followers feed, and also wastes quality content in one step. Instead, drip your pins out over a period of time. The same goes for any other social network. You wouldn’t craft a weeks’ worth of Facebook posts and post them all on the same day, would you? Of course not, that would be silly. Same concept can be used with Pinterest.
- Stay consistent: Stick to one topic per board. The whole reason someone starts following your board is because they like the subject. If you change the subject, why would that person keep following that board? Having multiple boards with different topics is fine, but make sure each board keeps to a specific topic.
“Using some or all of these tips can help you get more Pinterest followers and increase engagement. More followers will lead to an extended reach, broader visibility for your brand and a greater return on investment (ROI).” ~www.socialmediaexaminer.com
Do you have any Pinterest tips? Let us know in the comment box below.
Latest posts by David Moceri (see all)
- Internet Marketing – The Art of Capturing Market Share - May 20, 2017
- Top 3 Social Media Mistakes Online Marketers Need to Avoid - December 31, 2016
- 6 Effective Lead Generation Ideas for Your Marketing Campaign - December 22, 2016
This post was written by David Moceri