With a growing percentage of online buyers searching for local businesses, you can harness the potential of this trend to your business advantage with…
Top 5 Best 2016 SEO Tools You Should Be Using
Alright! 90 is just a lot of SEO Tools and we all have different tactics and strategies but I believe most of us are using the similar tools to optimize our website, but only with a different approach.
Below we have the Top 5 handpicked SEO Tools starting from 5th to top #1. Let’s begin!
SEO TOOL #5: SPYFU
Here’s what you need to know about this one:
- Uses: SpyFu is highly useful for two important reasons.
- Understanding your competition’s SEO platform.
- Discovering under-served, un-tapped, or emerging markets.
- Features: SpyFu also has several modules.
- Compare Websites module
- Keyword History module
- Domain History module
- Related Keywords module
- Limitations: This program doesn’t have the depth of keywords that some competitors do, although this is changing. Also, the data for SpyFu is monthly, rather than real-time.
SpyFu is a solid SEO product.
It’s useful if you want to check up on the competition as well as find new areas in which to market.
SEO TOOL #4: LONG TAIL PRO
For more than five years, nearly 100,000 marketers and search engine optimization professionals have been relying on Long Tail Pro for their keyword research and competitor analysis needs.
There are many ways to use Long Tail Pro, but let’s focus on the competitor analysis for the time being.
If you aren’t at the top of the rankings for your targeted keywords, it may be because your competitors have more high quality backlinks. This is where Long Tail Pro can help.
But doesn’t it take a lot of time to analyze the competition? It used to, but not any longer. There are many tools, including this one, for analyzing the competition in relation to each of your keywords.
Long Tail Pro helps you uncover important data, such as:
- Keyword usage in the title tags.
- Moz rank.
- Domain and page authority.
- Domain age.
- Number of backlinks.
A quick search for your top keywords will show you how you stack up against the competition. This may play a big part in helping you generate a more targeted strategy in the future, such as one that sees you securing more backlinks than your top competitors.
There are other features of the tool that enhance your link building and SEO experience: option to add notes, rank checker, real-time filtering, keyword research, and more.
Recommended Article: Quick Guide to Improve Your Video Marketing Strategy
SEO TOOL #3: MOZ
Moz is a suite of user-friendly inbound marketing tools:
- Open Site Explorer is a backlink analysis tool with helpful metrics approximating link equity.
- Followerwonk shows data on Twitter.
- Moz Local (formerly Get Listed) lets you see the state of a company’s local citations and is the first place you should go when you first start local SEO on a site.
- Mozbar is a browser toolbar that lets you quickly get at Moz’s key features for the page you’re on.
- The SERP Overlay (seen on the right) is part of the Mozbar and shows OSE metrics on individual search results.
SEO TOOL #2: GOOGLE WEBMASTER TOOLS + BING WEBMASTER TOOLS
Constant website analysis, alerts, and error reports
These webmaster tools help give you a taste of what the two top search engines think of your site. It’s helpful to see any bugs, alerts, and indexing issues.
SEO TOOL #1: SEMRUSH
SEMrush is a freemium SEO tool which allows you to find competitive information like the keywords your competitors are ranking for, where they are building backlinks and what you can do to surpass them.
SEMrush can also help you for site audit and PPC bid suggestions. It’s a very handy and must have SEO tool.
This list may not be in your top 5 best SEO tools but these worked best on mine. Maybe we have a few in common. Like I said, different tools, different strategies and approach but it might end up with a similar result.
If there’s something best of the best tools there is, I’m sure that is our skill in handling an effective SEO strategy to rank on top of the search engines.
Latest posts by David Moceri (see all)
- Internet Marketing – The Art of Capturing Market Share - May 20, 2017
- Top 3 Social Media Mistakes Online Marketers Need to Avoid - December 31, 2016
- 6 Effective Lead Generation Ideas for Your Marketing Campaign - December 22, 2016
This post was written by David Moceri